05 April 2011

Tasty Tuesday Treats

Tonight's dinner is.....//. Japanese Baked Salmon!! This is my first time trying this recipe, but I'm pretty confident that it is going to turn out delicious. Salmon is one of my favorite fish, and it's so healthy too!





Recipe:


• Salmon fillets (about a quarter of a mid-sized fish)
• Mayonnaise (preferably Q-P)
• Soy sauce
• Brown sugar (& sometimes a splash of maple syrup)
• Lemon


Lay out the salmon fillets on aluminum foil, pick out some of the bones with tweezers if a few bones bother you, and season lightly with salt. In a bowl, mix two big spoons of mayonnaise, a spoon of brown sugar, a half spoon of soy sauce, and squeeze in a quarter of a lemon (I also added the dash of maple syrup). Mix then spread on the salmon. Wrap in the foil and bake for about fifteen minutes at 325 degrees. Try not to overcook. Salmon is best just tender.


---------------------

I'm feeling pretty happy lately.// other than being tired and a little over-emotional. I haven't really brought it up yet here, but dealing with the loss of Tobi... however trivial it may seem to non-cat-lovers.. has been a daily struggle. It doesn't hurt any less. It never hurts less. The pain is not going to change, and I don't expect it to. Accepting is the most difficult thing. Knowing that it's going to hurt, and deciding to keep it with you and make it part of how you enjoy life. I want to experience more now... do more../ live more. Life really is fleeting, and it's not meant for dwelling in awe of its transience. I think of it like this... "You don't [get over it]. Well, one day you'll wake up, and you'll find you don't mind carrying it around with you." -Kate Beckett (Castle). I don't mind. I want to carry it around with me. I want to always have Tobi in my thoughts. I fear the next time that I will have to deal with loss. It will inevitably happen. And it won't hurt any less that this has. But maybe now I will be able to sort it out and cope with it a little bit better.

/Change of subject.. I had a little credit to spend at Kohl's today, so I went over there after work. I was trying to decide between a couple of different things. Does anyone else ever do this?


I take pictures of myself trying things on sometimes and text them to Matt to get his opinion. Haha... and make strange faces too. That is the fedora I ended up choosing. I thought it was cute & spring/summery. Of course, now it's supposed to rain again this week, so I probably won't be wearing it for a bit.

Oh, and I'm not getting my hair done tonight. Hah.. It's being put off for a little bit, but I'm still hoping to get it done soon.

That is all for now. I wish you luck if you decide to tackle the salmon recipe. Although, it's pretty simple, so I don't think you'll need much luck...../.

Goodmornoonevening!!

love.nu





No comments:

Post a Comment