08 April 2011

Poppycock

This has been a crazy, busy week!!  Wow.  Work has gotten very busy, but I'm really loving it.  I was stoked on Wednesday... /everyone was going out to lunch, and somehow I got invited to join them!  We went over to R. O'Sullivan's Irish Pub on Grand.  Cool little place.  The food was great and the conversation even better.  I really enjoy hanging out with my bosses outside of the office.  Always a good time.  A LOT of big changes coming up at work (in a good way!), and I'm going to be getting even busier!  New clients&files means more work for me, and we may be hiring some clerical help.  Should be a huge step up for the company.

.../. Yesterday I felt like crap most of the day.  Just one of those days.  It happens.  I'm so frustrated with the weather right now.  I love the cold.  I love the sunnier warm (not hot) days, but this back and forth is driving mE INSANE.  Please just do one or the other!!  I liked what I heard someone else say: "Welcome to California, where our weather is as bipolar as it's residents."

Jumped on the scale this morning, and was excited to find that I'm down another pound!!  Matt & I started a Japanese food diet back in... February.  Hey, I didn't realize it had been 2 months already!  Exactly 2 months in fact!  I don't remember why exactly we decided to start it, but it's been quite a significant change for the better.  It's something that I don't see myself straying from in the future because I'm not depriving myself of anything, and I don't really feel like I'm missing out on other foods.  Actually, when I think about eating the fattening foods that I used to eat, I'm totally turned off to the idea.  First of all, because the grease, fat, etc just sounds gross (for the most part), and also because when I do break the diet and eat those things on occasion, I feel sick afterwards.  It's so awesome to be eating fresh, healthy foods all of the time and to be losing as much weight as we are!!  We've both lost a lot of weight eating this way, and we don't even feel like we're trying!  So far I've lost around 12-13 lbs since we started this diet.  I now weigh less than I did in high school.... !!

Here's a sample of what I eat on a typical day:

Breakfast
Miso Soup (with tofu)
Matcha Green Tea
Hard Boiled Egg

Snack
Rice crackers

Lunch
Teriyaki Chicken
Veggie (usually carrots or sugar snap peas)

Snack
Rice Crackers
Seasoned Seaweed

Dinner
Meat Dish w/Rice or Rice Noodles (pad thai is my favorite, but we eat curry or orange peel chicken a lot too)
Edamame or Stir Fry Veggies

Part of the secret is to eat small portions and eat with chopsticks instead of a fork.  One thing that I've learned is called "eating with your eyes", which means to enjoy the appearance of the food and slow down the speed that you're eating at as well.  We aim to eat slowly until we are about 80% full.  We based a lot of our diet off of this article.  I would definitely recommend trying this diet or at least trying to eat more like this.  Before we started, I thought for sure I was going to miss cheese, but I honestly don't miss it much at all.

One of the other things I love about the diet is that I'm learning to cook a lot of foods, and I'm actually a lot more excited about learning to cook Japanese food.  There is a youtube channel that we like to watch called Cooking With Dog (NOT eating dog ../.lol).  It's cute, and there are a lot of interesting recipes there.  My new favorite breakfast is Tomagoyaki, which we learned to make from this video.


Here's hoping I can continue my weight loss and reach my goal!!  I should get back to work now, and stop thinking about food so much/.... haha.  It's almost time for cocktail hour!

love.nu

No comments:

Post a Comment