26 April 2011

Sweeter Than These

It's Tuesday!  Tasty Tuesday Treats time!!  Here's one of my personal creations.  I've made these several times now, and they're great.  I actually like them better than regular waffles, and they're quick and easy../ especially for being made from scratch!

Rice Waffles


1 cup rice flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp matcha green tea powder (optional)


Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.  Add water until the batter reaches a good consistency.  Grease waffle iron with vegetable oil.  Pour batter onto iron.  Cook about 3-4 minutes.  The best way I've found to remove the waffles from the iron is using a pair of bamboo chopsticks.  Serve!!








Add syrup, butter, jelly, jam, peanut butter... whatever you like!  If you go with the green tea version of the recipe, fruits such as blueberries, bananas, strawberries and oranges are excellent.  I'm sure other fruits would be great as well.

I hope you enjoy the recipe!!  It's one of my favorites now.  I have a lot of graphic work to get done today, so I better get back to it!

love.nu

No comments:

Post a Comment