03 May 2011

Nothing's Gonna Change My World

Today is another Tuesday, which means it's time for Tasty Tuesday Treats!!  ... Tasty Treats Tuesday.../.  ..Tuesday Tasty Treats.//  Which one is it??

Oh anyway, I have another sampling from my personal creations and diet.  I've been meaning to post this one for a while, but haven't gotten around to it until now.


Mixed Asian Salad:


Baby Bok Choy
Japanese Cucumber
Shredded Cabbage
Bean Sprouts
Enoki Mushrooms
Mandarin Oranges (canned)


Optional:
Kimchi
Wakame (seaweed)
Tofu
Hard-boiled egg


Salad Dressing:
2-3 tbsp Rice Vinegar
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
2 tsp Sugar
1 tsp Sesame Oil or Peanut Oil
1 tsp White Sesame Seeds


Finely chop and clean all veggies and combine as desired in a medium bowl.  Drain can of mandarin oranges and add to top.  If you want, add kimchi, tofu, and/or hard-boiled egg.  Mix rice vinegar, soy sauce & sugar in a small bowl.  Stir in sesame seeds and oil.

There is a lot of room to experiment or modify this recipe depending on what you like.  I don't think I've ever made this salad with everything I listed all at once.  It's just fun to try different things.  I try to incorporate seaweed, tofu and kimchi into my diet because they have a lot of very healthy qualities... and they're tasty!!  Ok../  Maybe they're a little bit of an acquired taste.....  Another one that you might consider adding is raddish.  That would be tasty!!

Enoki mushrooms - Aren't they adorable?!


I absolutely love enoki mushrooms!!  They are delicious, and they're the cutest little mushrooms I've ever seen.  I discovered them while we were shopping at a Japanese market in San Diego a couple months ago.  I looked around a bit, and there are some interesting recipes for preparing them!  Here's one that I want to try.../.  I think I must have a special fondness for food wrapped in bacon!!  Haha....  I guess I cheat though.... I usually eat turkey bacon.

I'm getting sooooo hungrayyyy now thinking about all this food!  It's almost time to go make dinner.  If you guys try any of my recipes, let me know how they go!!  I know none of them are very complicated .../I'm not much of a cook, but I'm interested to hear if anyone is trying these.  Have a good, cool night!!  Breezy thoughts.  <3

love.nu

No comments:

Post a Comment