01 May 2011

Catch My Disease

Well, what do you know?  It's National Pet Week.  I must say, this will be bittersweet for Matt & me since we've just lost our favorite, most cherished pet...//  But that's not to say that we don't love our other two kitties and want to celebrate them!!  For those not in the "know", we lost our kitten, Tobi on January 8th.  It was devastating to us, to say the least.  I feel like I'm crazy sometimes for missing him and mourning our loss as much as I do, but Matt just reminds me that it shows how much we cared about him and how much he meant to us.  I wanted to do something in his name that would help prevent the same thing from happening to other cats and their owners.  Although I know that's out of my control for the most part, I feel that the best thing that I can do is to contribute to research to find better medical practices for diagnosing problems in cats.  The hardest thing about having to put Tobi to sleep was the fact that we still didn't know exactly what was wrong with him when we did it.  There was that reasonable doubt that we were doing the right thing..  So, in light of all that and National Pet Week, I am going to ask that you would give a little to this fund if you feel inclined to do so.  You can read about it on the fund page.


I like this post about owning pets.  Some important things to remember for sure!!

Matt & I had a nice time this weekend catching up on some much-needed rest!  We've been playing through the Portal 2 co-op, and it's pretty fun.  Yesterday we did a bunch of grocery shopping.  We made the trek down to Carmel Mountain to stock up on some things from Costco.  I hate going to that Costco-it's been super busy since the San Marcos one closed.  After we got back home an put everything away, we decided to go see a movie.  Mr. Chewiwie (thank you, Matt!!!) offered to get us in to see something at the San Marcos theatre, so we decided to go see the Dylan Dog movie that just came out in limited release.  It was..../not so great.  But I was happy to go out and do something.  We spent the rest of the evening catching up on some of our TV shows.  We watched the most recent episodes of The Office.../.  ..They totally made me cry!!  So sad!  I'm not too faithful that the show is going to make it without Steve Carell, and I kind of wish that they had just decided to end the series completely.  It would seem a lot more graceful than desperately attempting to keep the show alive.  I think it had a great run, but nothing can last forever, right?

Anyway, today I got to do some more graphics work while Matt did some editing for his class.  Afterwards, we hopped into a game of Left 4 Dead 2.  I think we were on the level called The Parish..  //It was really difficult at the end!!  We weren't able to finish, but we'll give it another go when everyone has more time.

Now we are waiting to hear Obama's statement.  Just got the news that Osama Bin Laden is dead.  Pretty crazy!!  It will be interesting to hear what Obama has to say.  Have a great night!!  Here comes another busy week.  Peace outside.  <3

love.nu

No comments:

Post a Comment