30 September 2011

Life's A Show

Now that all the craziness of September is winding down, I'm finally feeling a little more relaxed.  I don't think that being that busy suits me all the time.  I enjoy having things to do, but I need my free time.  Matt & I did some work on the garage & house a couple of weeks ago, and although it may not look like it yet, we got a lot done.  Our housing community is having a neighborhood garage sale on October 15th, and we are working on getting things ready for that.  I have a ton of clothes to get rid of.  I might take some of them over to Plato's closet before the garage sale to see if I can get more for them there.



Last week I designed Julie & Johnny's Save-The-Date cards, and I'm really happy with the way they turned out.  Super cute!!


This month has really been about self-discovery & deciding what I want for my future.  About knowing who I am & what I want, and not letting anything stand in the way of that.  I am learning the reason that I think about things a certain way and feel some kind of obligation to do certain things is because of the way I was brought up and the people that I've been around, and that's not necessarily "me".  Those things have to go.

The minimalist attitude that I started to take on earlier this month is spreading into other realms of my life other than just the material world.  There are many, many projects that I have had looming over my head for years... things that I want to do, but not enough to ever get around to.  Well, those are going away.  I'm letting them go so that I can relax, have a clearer mind, and focus on the things that I really care about.  In turn, this helps me get rid of more material things as well.  Win win.

One thing that I decided to take up (that I really care about) is what people call "project 365".  The idea is to take a photo each day for a year, and it is something that I've tried in the past and failed at.  Well, this time I don't intend on failing.  We'll see how it goes.  So far I am really enjoying it.  Getting out my DSLR every day and trying to come up with something interesting to take a photo of is quite a creative challenge.... especially when I'm hoping to use subject matter that is relevant to each day.  I like challenging myself this way, and it's great that I am getting practice with my camera.  The album is here, but I believe you have to be in my G+ circles to view it.

I am really looking forward to this weekend!!  Matt & I are heading down to Balboa Park for his class trip to the Museum of Art.  I am hoping it's a nice, cool day.  Until next time...

love.nu

No comments:

Post a Comment