30 July 2011

Steel Her Heart

Every year at about this time, I start to long for the cold, crisp fall weather desperately.  I don't think it's because it's so hot, although that could be reason enough in and of itself.  Autumn is my favorite time of year... the colors, the feel, warm sweaters, hot tea & coffee, the smell of cinnamon, apples & pumpkins, cozying up with a blanket & a kitty on my lap...... I could go on.  I love it.  And right now I miss it.  And I miss the east coast.  I'm dying to take a vacation back there again.  I can't believe it has already been almost two years.  Two years too long!!

This week was pretty nice.  We got to spend time with a lot of friends.  We went to get Thai food with my aunt & uncle while they were visiting from Colorado.  It was a really good time!!  Great food, and afterwards we went next door to the asian market to help them shop for a few things to make some tasty thai dishes.  I tried a lychee fruit for the first time.  It was good!!  It has sort of a sweet, melon taste to it, but it has a layered texture kind of like an onion.  We also found that the asian market has a lot more fresh produce than the other one that we'd been going to, so we will probably be shopping there from now on.

I started reading a book this week.... finally!!  It's been wayyyy too long since I've read, and guess what I found out... I really miss reading!!  Matt has been begging me to read Horus Rising, the first book in the Horus Heresy for years now.  I had started it and read a couple of chapters before we got married, but after that I gave up.  Until now.  So far I'm really into it!!  Very good writing.  I have a huge list of books that I would like to read, including the Harry Potter series, so I figured this was as good a place to start as any.

This weekend is pretty chill, which is good because I was feeling sick towards the end of the week, and I think I could really use some rest.  Tomorrow I think I may be recording a Sanctum video with Matt.  Sanctum is a tower defense/fps game that we've had a lot of fun with.  It should be fun to be part of what Matt has been up to on youtube.

Happy weekend to all!!  I can't believe it's already August on Monday!  Getting closer & closer to my birthday......

love.nu

No comments:

Post a Comment